Did you know it is National Dentist’s Day on the 16th of March?
You’ve been to the Dentist more than several times in your life, so you know the drill!
We are going to have a conversation about oral hygiene as a way of celebrating this day and to pay tribute to all the Dentists of the world, who are saving our beautiful smiles.
Let’s raise a glass or maybe not!
However, by maintaining certain dental care at home, we can save ourselves a trip to the dentist. Otherwise, you may find that they will have to get to the root of the problem!
How to keep the sparkle on your sparkly teeth or at least keep them healthy. We have some top Dentist tips for you – as a gentle reminder!
- Brush twice a day, for at least 2 minutes. If you haven’t already, invest in an electric toothbrush: They are renowned for removing plaque in hard-to-reach places and the bonus is their built-in timers!
- Floss daily. You may also wish to treat yourself to session with your dental hygienist, after all they are the boss of floss!
- Use a mouthwash, not only will it keep your breath fresh but there are also many benefits: Helps to fight cavities, can reduce sensitivity, fights gum disease, removes food debris, alleviate irritated gums and can help to whiten teeth. I particularly like to use Corsodyl when my gums are inflamed: https://www.corsodyl.co.uk/
- Visit your dentist at least twice per year, studies show that this will predict early tooth decay, gum disease and mouth cancer.
- Eat a balanced diet and limit drinking and eating between meals!
That’s something to sink your teeth into! Making that extra time to look after your teeth, you are protecting your health and wellbeing in this present time and for your future. Once again, we shout out to the Dental Hygienists, Nurses, Technologists, Therapists and Cosmetic Dentists…On that note, our Cosmetic Dentistry blog is up next!
How can people celebrate National Dentists Day?
- Schedule an appointment with your Dentist
- Take a picture with your dentist and do a shout-out on your social media accounts
- Raise awareness – teach your child a new tooth-brushing song and encourage friends and family to visit their dentist
- Smile and show off your work and your dentists work
- Make sure to add the #NationalDentistsDay hashtag to all posts